TRIP TO ZAKOUMA NATIONAL PARK IN CHAD (CHRISTMAS)
The journey N'Djamena - Zakouma and Zakouma - N'Djamena will last two days, we will overnight with our camping equipement in the Sahel, regarding the life of the local ethnic groups in this fascinating part of Africa.
Chad is one of the most unknown and fascinating countries in the world, a destination for safari enthusiasts and unconditional lovers of adventure who already know other parts of the African continent and want to go a little further, and live an old trip experience of safari, in an authentic Africa where tourism has not emerged. Zakouma National Park, considered widely as one of the most important protected areas not only in Chad, but throughout Africa.
Zakouma is characterized for having two marked rainy and dry season. The rainy season goes from June to November and during these months the area of the park is mostly flooded making impossible the visit to the Park. The dry season includes from November to May
Bordered on the north by the Sahara Desert and on the south by the tropical forests of central Africa, Zakouma is the great sanctuary of central and western Africa for a wide variety of animal life. The reserve is home to 66 species of mammals, 16 of which are big mammals. Other notable species that includes the Park is the kordofan giraffe, of which 50% of African population is in the Park.
Zakouma is home to large carnivores, lions, leopards, cheetahs, spotted hyenas, striped hyenas and wild dogs as well as small predators like musk cat, caracal, jackal, serval, wild African cat, pale fox and honey badger. Zakouma is famous for its big herds of buffaloes and elephants and is an authentic paradise for birds with a total of 388 species.
- Arrival in N'Djamena, capital of Chad.
- Transfer to the hotel in local taxis and overnight in the Catholic Mission of N'Djamena.
- On the way to the Zakouma National Park, we stop to spend the night in the beautiful mountainous region of Guéra surrounded by granite inselbergs.
- We continue our journey to Zakouma, enjoying the beautiful arid landscapes of the Sahel.
- We will arrive at the Zakouma National Park.
- We will set up the camp and go for a safari.
Days 5, 6 and 7
- Safari in Zakouma
- We will return to N'Djamena.
- Camping en route.
- Arrival to the capital N'Djamena.
- Night at the Catholic Mission.
- End of the trip at 9:00 am
- No accommodation planned for tonight
The itinerary of route is provisional and could be changed during the trip.