Kumakonda means adventure and responsible travel in Africa.
Our philosophy is simple: we want to give you the opportunity to live a unique experience, travelling to the most beautiful and inaccessible places of West and Central Africa, and the possibility of having direct contact with the culture and local traditions, in addition to get to know the reality of each country. All of this is trying to minimize the negative impact that tourism could produce in areas where we travel and seek to promote small local tourism projects.
To carry this out, we rely on the following points, which we think are mandatory and not only for a travel company, but for any traveller.
- Respect the local customs and culture
- We will seek to stay in small hotels and campsites, and make most of the purchases to small traders to promote the local economy.
- Treat with care the areas we visit.
- Ask for permission before taking pictures.
- Do not make gifts or donations without logic, since it encourages begging, and can degrade the zones through which you travel.
- Do not litter and try to reduce the use of plastic.